CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 28

I rearranged and updated my craftroom

I think an organizational bug bite me..because ever since I joined in on Frosted Designs bog hop two weeks ago- checking out everyone's scrapping space, I have been reorganizing my rooms & painting new cabinets and having fun doing it at the same time. So here is a few new things that I added to my space.
Her is the bottom of a curio cabinet that I bought at a garage sale for $30.00 and repainted it- and kept the 2 bottom doors off and kept it open for baskets and boxes- which, I got the paint in the oops pile at Menards for $5.00 a pretty pinky purple color -which goes well in my craft room.  I also added a 4 shelf unit in white a few months back that a past scrapbooker was getting rid of for $25.00 (what a steal this was) and since then I also bought the ribbon rack online pre- Christmas sale for $10.00.
Here is the top half of the curion cabinet painted with the same paint , but I seperated them and put it on the other wall to give me more counter space if needed. I  filled up the cubby holes with my new arranged blue plastic container all labeled with the alphabet to put all my chipboard letters in ( saw a few other scrapppers have done this and thought it was a good idea). I also have changed the table space around a bit to a T- but I can change it back if need be- but it gives more space this way.
This was a big rearrangement for me...so many decisions I had to make..I wanted to have my papers all together- but I have so much paper( I don't need to buy anymore) wasn't sure if it would all fit in this area . So the 2 black shelves are paper stacks/cardstock 12 x 12 and drawers of color coded scraps and the 4 red crates are all 12 x 12 themed boxes filled with papers and then the 4 other containers are also filled with paper...  Yikes! I also have my acrylic paint holder( first storage container I bought over 10 years ago - love it) and all my inks in two storage racks and buttons in the storage spin rack ( recycled spice rack) which I painted the lids for the colors of all the buttons in them. Plus my black roll cart which has all my tools - stickles, tapes, glues and etc- which I roll to wherever I need it.
Last, major change is I painted two bedside tables in spa blue and bought the Jet max storage units on clearance and this is where I store all my stamps-rubber, foam, and acrylics- catagorized in 15 drawers for easy findings. Plus I have all my 8 x 11 cardstock here-plus the 3 drawers below paper is all my mists/sprays. And still in the same place is my handy ribbon rack- hanging on the back of the door-(repurposed shoe rack). So lots of work- but love the way it looks now --so so organized!
 Thanks for looking at my new craft room and I have more pics on my side bar under my scraproom updated last week. Happy Scrappin!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Debbie!!! Your room looks amazing! Love how you separated the two pieces. Great idea. And all that ribbon!!!! WOW! Looks like hours of fun. So glad you were inspired by the Frosted Designs hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, it looks amazing and super organized! I love it, thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see more pics of the ribbon rack! Thanks! Great neat room, love it!

    ReplyDelete